Monday, July 14, 2014

It's always time for chocolate.

yummy monday title button photo c41588db-8f15-4de5-90e0-d0ada37b9cd6_zpsf029cce8.jpg

I love chocolate.  It's a deep-rooted, passionate, long-lasting, feverish kind of love.  It may not be the healthiest love affair ever, but it is what it is, right?
This is a cake I came up with one night while standing in the kitchen during a particularly potent bout of chocolate-love-itis, when there was nothing in sight that would sufficiently relieve the fever.


I pulled from a few cake recipes and added some twists of my own, then rounded it all out with a dose delicious, homemade chocolate butter cream frosting.

There's a recipe card I'm pretty sure you want to print out.  Yep.  Fellow chocolate-itis sufferers unite!
 photo chocolatefudgecakerecipe_zpsf8701951.jpg

I admit, I'm a novice when it comes to my own baked creations.  Experiments in the kitchen go awry more than I'd like.  But sometimes I hit on something truly delicious.  This cake is NOT your average chocolate cake.  It is NOT light and fluffy.  It is not soft and squishy and moist.  While this guy surprised my with its density, it wasn't a bad surprise.  And I decided I actually kind of liked it - it was a pleasant variation on the typical treat.

I've concluded that it's a cross between a cake, brownie and chunk of fudge and have dubbed it "Chocolate Fudge Cake".  And really, how can you go wrong with a cake, a brownie and some fudge all rolled into one?

Honestly.  How??



*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...