Monday, June 23, 2014

Mom-Approved

yummy monday title button photo c41588db-8f15-4de5-90e0-d0ada37b9cd6_zpsf029cce8.jpg

This recipe is 100% Mom-approved.  And by mom, I mean MY mom, not just any mom.  So that's saying something.


This really came about as I looked at the random assortment of fruits/veggies/other meal items I had just purchased without a plan and saying "what can I make with this?" It was a grab-bag style dinner.
Fortunately, it worked out.  Doesn't always happen that way, but it worked out.  I realized that I had the makings of a pretty awesome fruity salsa, which led to the decision to thaw out some fish - they go hand in hand, am I right?  I glanced over a few different fish recipes and then decided to wing it.  This is what I came up with:

 photo fishrecipecard_zpsb0c4ee21.jpg

It's not complicated and takes very little time, though the recipe seems long.  The coconut taste is prominent, but not overbearing - which I thought worked out well since Tilapia really has very little flavor on its own.  The fresh fruit in the salsa was so ripe and PERFECT for this recipe... it couldn't have come together any better had I actually planned it.

Which just goes to show you that the best results are sometimes simply happy accidents - even in the kitchen!  
My personal recipes certainly don't always turn out this well, but I'm fairly proud of this one.  Go on and try it and tell me what you think!



*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...