Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Insects of the Sea...

yummy monday title button photo c41588db-8f15-4de5-90e0-d0ada37b9cd6_zpsf029cce8.jpg

That whole holiday on Monday totally threw me off... I'm all mixed up on my days.  And although I intended to have my usual weekend blog break, I didn't mean for it to go on and on like that.  
So, to all veterans and those currently serving for our country: Thank you.  It doesn't suffice, but it's a start.  And to everyone: Happy belated Memorial Day.

Because I'm all topsy turvy, it only makes sense to do Yummy Monday on Wednesday, am I right?  So that's what we're going to do!  

Long ago, I shared a version of this (so if you've been around a while, you may have seen this on the blog already) but I've adapted it a touch and increased the serving size to accommodate a whole herd of folks, since I usually make this when I have company.  Why?  It's easy, but it seems all fancy AND it tastes amazing.  PLUS, it's low carb and totally healthy, which - let's face it - can't be said of most of my food.


I'm bringing it back because 1. I'm super embarrassed of all photos before like a year ago on this blog. 2. It's altered a touch. and 3. It's delicious and you don't want to miss it.  Just take my word for it.  I mean, I don't even like shrimp.
 photo recipecard_zps72c5248a.jpg
(print out the recipe card!  It's made as a 3x5.  Just right click and download.)

I'm serious.  They're like, the insects of the sea.  And who wants to eat insects?  But for some reason, I still really like this recipe - shrimp and all.

So that's saying something.  The only other time I've enjoyed shrimp is when I had it fresh off the boat on my honeymoon in Mexico.  Which was probably the best part of that honeymoon, just saying.  

It's the perfect time of year for it too, it's light and summery!  If you don't want enough to feed a small army, just half the recipe above.  Happy eating!

The original is from George Stella and you can find it here. 


*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...