Sunday, June 24, 2012

Are you getting married soon?


Or know someone who is??  Well, you're in luck!  And not just because of the whole getting married thing, either.


WHY THEN?


Because.  I have this one friend.  His name's Jess.  He's an artist of all sorts, with his own graphic novel coming out soon.  And he just started doing custom wedding announcements, thank you cards and the like!  He offers amazing, unique, hand drawn, one-of-a-kind type of creations.  Let me show you.




Adorable, right?  I was just telling him how upset I was that he didn't start this 6 years ago... And I think this one's my favorite:




Ack!  So cute!


Here's some information, straight from the horse's mouth:


"I create custom hand-drawn and hand-lettered announcements, portraits, cards, and novelties (stickers, rubber stamps, tattoos, etc). I draw and letter on top of photos, as well as create all-original content, including: vintage silhouettes, decorative borders, and playful themes. While most designers and illustrators are only able to offer digital files (and let the customer figure out and pay for printing on their own), I'm able to print all my own announcements, portraits, and cards. I also have a 5-day turn-around time for all digital portraits. All announcements start at just $99 and I have a very simple Quote Request form on my site for brides, grooms, and families."


And because I just love this sentence from his blog:


"Weddings are something to celebrate and I love being able to take part by creating announcements, portraits, “thank you” cards, and novelties!"




SO, in honor of this totally awesome new endeavor, he has decided to GIVE AWAY one free single hand drawn portrait!  Right here, on my blog, for one of you!  Jess sells hand drawn portraits for all occasions - couples portraits for Christmas cards, portraits of your kid to hang on the wall or give to Grandma, portraits of the family dog, you name it!  He takes a digital photo and turns it into a super cute hand drawn rendition.  Want to see the double portrait we got of our kiddos?


Here's the photo:


Here's the portrait:


Seriously??  I love it.  Look at the detail - especially in their clothes... and he totally captured the essence of my kids with their facial expressions.  


SO.  Want to win a hand drawn portrait?  Here's how:


1.  Visit his website and take a look around.  Come back and tell me what portrait (or doodle.  Or design.) is your favorite.


That's it!  That's all you have to do!  The giveaway will run for a week, and I'll pick a winner next Sunday!


BUT, that's not all!  Because Jess is amazing, he wanted to offer my readers something special!  (There can only be ONE winner, but ALL of you can benefit from THIS!)


Ready?
From now until June 30th, Jess is offering all of my readers 50% off their single OR double portrait orders!  That makes single portraits $100 and double portraits $150.  A steal of a deal!  Be sure to let him know you saw him on bugaboo, mini, mr & me when you place your order so he can give you the discount.


Also, be sure to check Jess out on FB, his blog, or his website.


And keep him in mind for your wedding needs!






*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

6 comments:

Michelle L. said...

Love all the portraits! My fave is the one with tiny dinosaurs. Thanks to both of yiz for the cool giveaway, he is talented!

Anonymous said...

It would be wonderful to win the portrait! :)
My favourite among Jess' drawings are the animals in the sketchbook! :)
Cecilia

Janix Moon said...

The tiny dinos for the WIN!!! I agree with michelle L. how cool is that? I wish we all had a trio of shoulder attack lizards. people might pay more attention to every word we say. haha Love Jess! I already pay attention to every word he says so maybe his dinos are invisible ;) Lovely blog btw.

cyndi-lou-who:. said...

I love the first portrait that pops up on his website. It is amazing! The conan drawings are awesome too:) I would love to win a portrait and see what he could do with one of my pictures!!!

Rog said...

I've been a fan of Jess and his drawings since we met in highschool, or was it jr high? And I've been a fan of Conan O'Brien even longer, so I'd say his Conan drawings really put a smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

I have been a fan of JSS for awhile now, so much so I pledged to his Kickstarter campaign a few weeks ago (can hardly wait to get the book :D).

There's so much I love, so I'll just mention the easiest one to find: Snake Spine Steven - http://jesssmartsmiley.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/someone-said-nice-things-about-me/

Cute, funny, awesome work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...