Sunday, June 13, 2010

A very sad tale of woe.

My camera’s broken.  It’s driving me nuts.  It still takes pictures, kind of.
mr and I talked about it.  We decided I could get a new one!  I researched and researched and after much debating and compromise (I guess it’s not really crucial for me to have my lovely canon rebel XS for $500 right now...) I decided on a camera.  We went to Best Buy.  I found a different camera, one I loved a lot, and it felt so good in my hands.
We bought it.
They asked if we wanted the two year replacement/protection plan.  mr is indecisive.  He looked at me questioningly.  I wanted it.  I told him it was up to him, but we have kids... so you do the math.  Then I took said kids out to the car so bug would stop trying to push every. single. button in sight.  
It was late.  I snapped a few photos to test it out and we went to bed.
The next evening, I convinced mr we all needed to go to the park so I could have an excuse to use my awesome camera.
I got a few very nice pictures, and fell in love with the “sport continuous play” mode.
It started raining.  
I placed the camera in the stroller, on mini’s seat to protect it from the rain with the car seat visor.
We high-tailed it to the car.  
Talking and distracted, I forgot about the camera, until I swung mini’s seat up into the backseat of the car and saw, out of the corner of my eye, an object fly by - resulting, not long after, in a sickening, clattering crunch on the pavement below.
I had my camera for a full 21 hours before I ruined it.  
My beautiful, wonderful, high tech, takes amazing close-ups camera.
Moral?  Alway buy the replacement plan.  Always.  (My new camera is currently being packaged and shipped.)
Oh, yeah, and baby seats are for babies.  Not cameras.   


(yes, this is why the pictures posted for the next while will be yucky.  Sorry.)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...