Monday, April 5, 2010

motivate me.





Alright.  In an effort to keep myself on track and accountable for those BIG blunders I’ve promised to revisit “sometime in the future,” I’ve decided to add what I call “the scoreboard.”  You can see this little gadget over there in the sidebar underneath "me myself and i in brief."  

Here’s the explanation:
Every time I have one of those projects that becomes a major stumbling block, AKA one big massive FAILURE, I will keep a tally.  That’s the number you can see over there labeled “Projects.”  In other words, the projects get a point every time they kick my butt.  BUT, every time I revisit a specific failed project and beat it into submission, I get a point. (You see that total over there labeled “me?”)  Every failure (no matter how many times I have to redo a certain project) counts as a point for the opposite team.  And every success counts as a point for me!

So far, it's two to one.  Those two projects are as follows:
My hope is that I’ll see this score every time I blog and either a) be so totally embarrassed that the entire public can view my failures in the form of the visiting team - i.e. projects - kicking my trash that I whip those projects into shape and finish them once and for all thus eliminating the amount of things I start and unfortunately do not finish or b) be so totally pumped up by my competitive nature that I will whip those projects into shape and finish them once and for all thus eliminating the amount of things I start and unfortunately do not finish. 
 Either way, I’ll end up accomplishing more and surrendering to failure less.  
You can be my cheerleaders.  Ready?  And break.  Go team!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...